Links and Resources
- The American Academy of Pediatrics– The AAP’s website with complete information on childhood health topics
- The Center for Disease Control– Information about illnesses and vaccines
- Conditions A to Z– American Academy of Family Physicians
- Travel Information from the CDC– Travelers’ Health and Vaccine Information – choose your destination
- Newborn Screening– Newborn Screening Information from the March of Dimes
- Bright Futures– Behavior and developmental expectations broken down by age
- Tooth Care– Information about the care and development of your infant’s or child’s teeth
- Children’s Nutrition– USDA/ARS Children’s Nutrition Research Center
- Health Finder– General health information developed by the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Kids Health – Great educational & resource site for kids, teens, & parents sponsored by Nemours Foundation
Patient Education Resources
For detailed informational sheets published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC),
please visit http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/.
For additional information on vaccines, please visit the following sites:
- Keep Your Child Safe– The Injury Prevention Program (TIPP) from the AAP. Age specific information about protecting your child from injuries
- Recalled products– An important site maintained by the Consumer Product Safety Commission that has lists of recalled products, toys, etc.
- Nhtsa– Car Seat Information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Car seat guide– Car safety guidelines from the AAP
- Preparing to Handle Disasters– The AAP’s Family Readiness Kit. Information on how to prepare and work with your child after disasters such as death, fire, severe weather, and terrorism
- Pesticides– General info about use and choice of pesticides and recommendations on how to create a safe environment for your family, supported by the EPA
- Lead– Information from the EPA
- Mercury – Mercury Survival Guide from the Sierra Club
- The Upper Breast Side– New York City’s breast feeding boutique that provides expectant mothers and breast feeding mom’s breast feeding products and sells a variety of breast pumps.
- Medela– Breastfeeding and Medela products including information about renting and purchasing electric and manual breast pumps.
- Kellymom – Breastfeeding support and parenting advice. Many breastfeeding topics discussed and handouts available.
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine– A worldwide organization of physicians dedicated to the promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding.
- La Leche– La Leche League resource
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Perinatology – Breastfeeding and medications
- 4 Girls Health– From the Department of Health and Human Services
- Freevibe.com– No lectures – just the facts from the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
- Get It Straight – The Facts About Drugs– From the Drug Enforcement Administration
- The Cool Spot– This is a place where you can learn about being yourself and getting the facts about underage drinking.